As your local reputable contractors, it is our duty to give you important information that will guide you in this task of choosing the best routes to take for your home remodeling or new construction project. It can be quite a hassle assessing the full scope of your home repairs, finding a good company, and dealing with your insurance company. Here at Moore Construction, we would like to provide you with a few pointers you may want to consider while approaching this project and choosing a proven company who will ensure that you are treated right. We have put a checklist together to help out.
8 vital questions to consider before choosing your contractor:
- Where is this company from? Do they have an office here in Dallas/Ft. Worth you can physically walk into? Has your prospective contractor just come into town for a recent hail storm? With an office in the metropolis, you can rest assured this company is local, and can BACK their warranty once the job is complete.
- Does this company offer an extended warranty of at least five years? What happens a month or a year from the date of construction and you get a leak which damages your interior? Can you count on this company to be there when you call after the work has been completed? A local company who is reputable will most certainly be there to back their warranty and uphold their longstanding good name.
- Is this company accredited with the Better Business Bureau? If so, what is their rating on the BBB website? Do they have any complaints un-resolved? A + Rating and Gold Star Award are the highest ratings you can get with the BBB.
- Is this company licensed, insured, and bonded? The home improvement license will give this company authority to build construction jobs in the metropolis legally. Their insurance and bond will protect you from any unforeseen circumstances during your home repairs and roof replacement, and you will not be liable for any losses incurred during the time.
- Can your contractor provide you MULTIPLE local references, with phone numbers? Another sure way to determine a reputable local company is by what your neighbors have to say about them. Don’t be afraid to ask for some references so you can call or drive by and check their previous work.
- What kind of quality will this company offer you? Using only the highest quality materials means the best protection around your home for you and your family.
- Are they asking for money upfront? Do they have good credit and bank accounts to cover your material costs upfront? Beware of paying before the job is complete. There have been a number of homeowners in the area who have been duped into signing a deposit check away, never to hear from the fraudulent contractor again. Usually this is done by out-of-towners.
- Finally, will your contractor be readily accessible during the ENTIRE project? Your contractor is your liaison between you and the company you choose. He should be there throughout the entire building process from start to finish, supervising and ensuring your project is managed with the highest level of care and dependability.
No one looks forward to disaster striking. At Moore Construction Co., we are here to help your rebuild process run as smooth as possible for you and your family. With our storm repair specialists, solid warranties, and competitive pricing, you can rest assured that your home will be restored and protected with the greatest precision at the best value for years to come.
Moore Construction has been a proven leader in the residential construction business since 1996. We are a trusted local company with thousands of customers over the Dallas and Ft. Worth metropolis.
Here are a number of attributes that sets us apart from all competitors:
- Family owned and locally operated with two offices (Carrollton, Round Rock,)
- Licensed, insured, and bonded for your peace of mind
- All insurances claims specialists
- We provide a FULL service construction with a 5 year backed warranty
- Hundreds of local references in Dallas and surrounding areas
- A+ rating and Gold Star Award with the Better Business Bureau
- Only the highest quality materials used (GAF, Owens Corning, Tamko Heritage) for roofing shingles, James Hardy siding, western red cedar fencing, Behr Ultra-premium paint
- Excellent long standing credit rating with suppliers (ABC, SPEC Building Materials, West End Roofing, Home Depot)
- Superlative reputation for customer service
- Full scope of home repairs handled with professionalism and the highest quality of workmanship
- Most jobs are completed with full clean up in just ONE day
- Environmentally conscious of waste management by donating used materials to sustainable communities in Dallas, Arlington, and Ft. Worth.
I hope this blog has helped you in your voyage towards this seemingly daunting project. As your veteran local contractors, it is our pleasure to be able to assist you with any questions or needs you may have. We want to thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve our community with integrity and excellence! May your home project unfold for you with ease and precision.