Environmentally Conscious Waste Management
One of our proudest achievements at Moore Construction Co. recently is implementing a solid environmentally friendly approach to construction and waste management. With all the construction happening in Dallas/Ft. Worth every day, you can imagine how much trash is made and taken to the landfills. Contractors and companies are replacing roofs, building fences, siding, remodeling homes, building gazeebos, car ports, patios, painting, flooring, and much more every single day in the metropolis. The demolition of old jobs to create new jobs means tons of used materials which are just discarded and hauled off to landfills. Some of these materials are actually in very good condition and can be upcycled, because not everything should be buried into our Earth.
We have the ability to save so much used wood or metal and then donate these materials to families in need, Habitat for Humanity, or sustainable communities. These recycled materials will in turn be transformed into beautiful structures to live in, or to help repair existing homes. What we have found most useful are the used eight foot panel sections of fencing, old heavy cedar beams, R-Panel or aluminum carport covers, insulation boards, extra bricks, flooring, and any other extra wood from jobs.
United States Waste Facts:
- Out of over 8 billion species of life on Earth, humans are the ONLY species who creates waste.
- Every year nearly 900,000,000 trees are cut down worldwide to provide raw materials for American paper and pulp mills. That’s over 2 million trees cut down every day! That’s over 100,000 per hour! That’s 1,700 trees cut down PER SECOND!
- Americans use 50 million tons of paper annually – consuming more than 850 million trees.
- Every ton of recycled office paper saves 380 gallons of oil.
- Every day the United States generates 200 million tons of trash, or 4.3 pounds per person.
- Americans make more than 200 million tons of garbage each year, enough to fill Bush Stadium from top to bottom twice a day!
- Greenhouse gases are generated by waste decomposing in landfills, and typically contribute around 10% of a household’s total emissions.
- Every year we generate around 14 million tons of food waste which is 106 pounds of food waste per person. The typical household throws out 10-15% of the food it purchases. 570,000 tons of this is composted for a 4.1% recovery rate. The rest, or 13.4 million tons is incinerated or landfilled and occupies 6.3 million cubic yards of land.
- Americans throw away about 28 billion bottles and jars every year.
- The plastic bags from the supermarket take 1,000 years to decompose. At least four billion plastic bags a year ends up as litter in the US out of the 100 billion used.
- Energy saved from one recycled aluminum can will operate a TV set for three hours, and is the equivalent to half a can of gasoline.
- About 1% of US landfill space is full of disposable diapers, which take 500 years to decompose.
- Americans produce enough Styrofoam cups every year to circle the earth 436 times. Each year Americans throw away 25,000,000,000 Styrofoam cups. Even 500 years from now, the foam coffee cup you used this morning will be sitting in a landfill. These cups are completely non-biodegradable, deplete the Earth’s ozone layer, waste enormous amounts of landfill, and are deadly to marine life.
- If just 25% of American families used 10 fewer plastic bags a month, it would save over 2.5 billion bags a year.
The implications of these facts show a disturbing reality about the lack of responsibility we as a species have failed to embody. Rainforests have been depleted, our oceans polluted, and our precious lands filled with waste. The system we have been addicted to is destroying our planet, and our continued irresponsible consumption will only add fuel to the fires of destruction. We as individuals must take responsibility for the mess we have created and change our ways. The time to act is NOW. This is a grand opportunity to not only be exposed to the leading edge of sustainability consciousness, but also to BE a part of it through our conscious communion with Earth.
The real juice of sustainability is all about ACTION. This initiative will be a platform to share the potential reality of enhanced longevity and abundance for our self and all of life on earth. Moore Construction Co. is a proud sponsor of sustainable communities including The Garden of Eden in Arlington, Tx. This small sustainable community is founded and led by fearless warrior Quinn Eaker, who is a shining example of human potential, living a truly thriving existence and leading by his example. His community is living the New Paradigm dream and teaching the world how to live a life of total fulfillment beyond our wildest imaginings, and they do it all without working a “day job”. They don’t receive a paycheck, they don’t pay taxes, they don’t answer to “the man”, and they don’t have debts or loans.. They have completely UN-GRIPPED from the system.. Yet they are thriving in abundance greater than the wealthiest billionaires on the planet.
WHY? Because they are radically and sustainably FREE.
This Eco-village has been building onto their property with used materials which are donated by friends of the community like Moore Construction Co. We believe that in order to have a well-balanced eco-sphere, we must limit our material consumption as a company and recycle ALL usable materials. As we get numerous calls for replacing new construction on a home, there are often times where the old materials can still be used, and even still look good! Whenever we have a new job to build, we consult with the homeowner about donating their old fence, siding, windows, doors, or other wood installations. As soon as our job is complete, we haul off the old materials directly to a family in need or a sustainable community who upcycles and rebuilds only with used materials. These materials are not trash, to this community, this is a gold mine and they are happy to receive! We encourage you to join the sustainable revolution by choosing Moore Construction Co. as the best environmentally friendly option for your home construction needs.
A note from Quinn Eaker on sustainability:
“In true sustainability, one is in harmony with life. One realizes that sustainability is not about a technology or special material. It is about a state of consciousness, a relationship WITH life. It is about a conscious priority on living so that our environment is richer, healthier and MORE abundant because of our existence rather than depleted, consumed, and objectified by us.
Responsibility is an essential aspect of sustainability. This is a very dark truth when one considers being truly and fully responsible for all the unsustainable practices that one is typically a party to or a sponsor of in even a single day in an average western life.
The evidence speaks for itself. There are more overweight people in the world than ever in recorded history, there are more people with cancer than ever in recorded history, there are more people in jail… there are 1.6 acres of precious ancient forest being destroyed every second with countless aspects of biodiversity lost, potentially forever.
Yet, from a New Paradigm perspective, “problems” are simply opportunities for solutions. Those solutions exist now, and the purpose of our combined initiation is to share and bring together sentient beings deliberately attending to BEING the solution.
Moore Construction Co. is a key role player on the leading edge of this sustainable revolution.
We achieve this experientially through our committed service to a better world, with effective communication, and with the gathering of used materials across the metropolis to recycle and put to good use in the community.
This moment is an opportunity for us to come together with a clear and powerful intention of raising our standards and upgrading sustainable norms/routines/habits and make a choice to begin supporting the already available solutions to all the world’s problems.
WE are the power! All the technology, resources, and people needed to activate a truly sustainable life exist right NOW. We must realize this and choose this from a place of empowered responsibility. When the revelation occurs that there is more than enough of everything, that life IS abundance overflowing, the sustainable revolution will be a naturally inspired result/outcome.
The time to activate the solution IS now, and we are all capable and we are saying “YES” to an abundant life of sustainable living where our life is healthier and more awesome each day, as are the lives of those around us.”